Pre-Dietetics Program University Of Nebraska Kearney
Dietitians and nutritionists are experts in the use of food and nutrition to promote health and manage the disease. They advise people on what to eat in order to lead a healthy lifestyle or achieve a specific health-related goal.
The Pre-Dietetics Program is designed to pair with a bachelor's degree and prepare students for masters-level study leading to qualification as a registered dietitian. Students should check with the graduate dietetics programs that they intend to apply to and consult with their advisor to discuss requirements.
Responsibilities of Dietitians and Nutritionists:
- Assess patients’ and clients’ nutritional and health needs
- Counsel patients on nutrition issues and healthy eating habits
- Develop meal and nutrition plans, taking both clients’ preferences and budgets into account
- Evaluate the effects of meal plans and change the plans as needed
- Promote better health by speaking to groups about diet, nutrition, and the relationship between good eating habits and preventing or managing specific diseases
- Create educational materials about healthy food choices
- Keep up with or contribute to the latest food and nutritional science research
- Document patients’ progress
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.