BSc (Hons) Healthcare Management University of Essex Online
Are you looking for that first step towards a career in healthcare management? This 100% online and part-time BSc (Hons) Healthcare Management provides a unique opportunity to explore a range of career-focused modules in the fields of health and business.
This online programme will provide you with the necessary skills to make the move to a career in healthcare management. It has been designed to provide you with an understanding of the challenges facing health professionals and it will help you to develop your managerial skills.
We’re a 100% online education provider, so we use a state-of-the-art virtual learning environment (VLE) to deliver our teaching, resources and assessments. Our system tracks and manages the learning process in real-time and provides you with immediate access to your learning materials. The VLE is accessible 24/7 and allows both students and tutors to actively take part in real-time conversations and live Q&As.
We believe you get the most out of your time spent studying when you are kept informed of your performance, and we achieve this by:
- assessing you throughout modules rather than waiting for the end of year assessments
- showing your marks in your grade book which can be viewed whenever you log onto the virtual learning environment (VLE)
- rapid turnaround on work assessed to ensure your grade book is always up to date
- ensuring you have regular contact with your Student Support team
All assessments are delivered through our virtual learning environment (VLE). There is no requirement to travel to external test centres or to sit exams! Instead, you will submit assignments through the VLE, such as written reports, discussion forum participation or reflective journal entries.
We also have a policy of ensuring that the work submitted by students is authentic – we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
Why Essex Online?
Study online. Graduate on campus.
You will complete your studies and assessments 100% online and your qualification will be awarded by the University of Essex, an award-winning university with a 50-year heritage of teaching and research excellence and one of the top 25 universities in the UK (Complete University Guide 2022). Upon completing your course, you will graduate with the same certificate as campus-based students – your mode of study is only mentioned on your academic transcript.
Quality assured experience
The UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework rated us Gold for delivering consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for students (TEF 2018). We are also the highest-rated online-only provider in the National Student Survey (NSS 2020).
We stand behind the academic quality of our online courses and that’s why we offer a money-back guarantee. If you decide your course isn’t for you within 21 days, we’ll give you a full refund.*
*Terms and Conditions apply. To find out more please contact our Admissions team.
World-class academic and mentoring support
Our online tutors are leading authorities and specialists in their respective fields. They are passionate about what they teach and combine their knowledge of industry practice with high-quality academic delivery, offering you an unparalleled learning experience.
We also have a dedicated team of Student Advisers and Study Skills Advisers that will support you from your first day to graduation. They will be on hand to help and guide you as you progress through your studies. Whatever the question or issue, they will work with you to find a solution.
The skills and knowledge you will obtain from this online BSc (Hons) Healthcare Management are highly sought after by employers in a wide range of healthcare and related management environments. You could consider a career in public, private or community healthcare services, or you could build your career in a variety of management contexts such as hospital management or project management.
Gaining an undergraduate qualification with the University of Essex Online also puts you in good stead for your career prospects. Results from their 2021 student survey showed:
- 92% of students said their course helped develop their research skills
- 89% of students say their studies fit with their future plans
- 25% of students saw their salaries increase by up to 10%
You can study the following modules on the BSc (Hons) Healthcare Management:
- Introduction to Healthcare Management
- Global Health
- Business and Management Skills
- Introduction to Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Health, Society & Public Policy
- Personal and Professional Development 1
- Public Health
- Financial Decision Making
- Leadership & Managing Teams
- Introduction to Healthcare Informatics
- Project Management
- Introduction to Health Economics
- Personal and Professional Development 2
- Research Methods in Healthcare
- Comparative Health Systems
- Business Strategy
- Health Innovation
- Occupational Psychology
- Contemporary Issues in Practice
- Healthcare Management Dissertation*
*This module is core and must be passed in order to achieve the award.
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
- Designated for undergraduate student loans in England.
- Simple monthly payment plan available, enabling you to spread the cost over the duration of your studies.
- Full payment discount of 5% if you pay upfront.
- Regional scholarship available for international students based overseas in eligible countries.
- 10% corporate discount available when three or more of your employees study with us.
Please note, a maximum of two discounts or scholarships can be applied. The corporate discount can only be used in combination with our upfront payment discount, but not in conjunction with any other discount or scholarship. Find out more information about our discounts and scholarships.