Clinical Ophthalmology (ChM - Online Learning) The University of Edinburgh
On completion of this Master’s in Clinical Ophthalmology you will be able to:
- demonstrate in-depth knowledge of your chosen surgical subspecialty
- be able to apply this knowledge to the systematic assessment and management of medical and surgical patients in the elective, urgent and emergency clinical setting
- recognise the leadership contribution and responsibilities of the ophthalmologist in the multidisciplinary management of complex medical and surgical disease
- critically reflect upon day-to-day medical and surgical practice in the context of recent advances
- engage in critical dialogue with peers and experts in other specialties
- apply the general principles of clinical study design, ethics, and statistics to critically evaluate the scientific literature in medical and surgical research
- make informed judgements on new and emerging issues in medicine and surgery
- exercise a high level of autonomy and initiative in professional activities at a level of independent medical and surgical practice
Why study a Master's in Clinical Ophthalmology
The programme will offer an alternative to clinical/laboratory research training if you do not wish to take time out of training.
It will develop your academic portfolio and facilitate medical/surgical research projects essential to a research active career.
The ChM programme is designed to align with the membership and fellowship examination curricula of the RCSEd and RCOphth and prepare you for your exit professional examinations.
The award of ChM will highlight your commitment to continuing professional development and will ensure a competitive edge when applying for consultant positions.
How the University of Edinburgh can support you
We are committed to helping you to develop skills and attributes that will enhance your ability to compete in the job market, to progress your career, and to achieve your full potential within the global community. In addition to the provision of dedicated support through our award-winning Careers Service, we broker strategic partnerships between academics, industry specialists and other institutions, to enhance your personal and professional development and provide relevant career insights.
Our graduates are ranked 24th in the world by employers, making the University an excellent choice for a postgraduate education with prospects (QS World University Rankings 2023).