MSc in Health Sciences in Laboratory Medicine Biology
Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
EUR 6,495 / per year
Earliest start date
The LMB is of multidisciplinary (polyvalent) character. It encompasses the study main fields of lab diagnostics: Lab Biochemistry, Hematology, Immunohematology, Hemostasis, Immunology, Microbiology, Genetics, etc.
The excellent infrastructure results in exceptionally broad possibilities to gain Health Care labor market-oriented skills to the graduate in the largest health care institution, licensed to provide lab diagnostic and testing-related consulting services. The program offers a strong foundation in medical research methodology while allowing specialization in individual interests. The program is focused on guiding students towards achieving their full potential. We make that happen by providing practical health care system-oriented skills and by deepening the learning of students, allowing them to think across subject disciplines, and appreciating the benefits of adopting a student research approach.
Why Study Laboratory Medicine Biology at LSMU?
- Diploma recognized in Europe and other countries.
- Multicultural environment and student community: international students from 87 different countries make up 25 % of the total student body at LSMU.
- Support system for student adaptation: mentoring, tutoring, and psychological counseling.
- Possibility to study abroad according to the Erasmus+ exchange program.
- Student work - 20 hours/week allowed without any permits.
- Residence permit extended for 6 months after the graduation to look for a job in Lithuania or Europe.
After Graduation, You Can:
- To engage in the practice of medical biology in health care institutions licensed to provide laboratory diagnostic services and perform, evaluate and interpret clinical laboratory tests
- Work in the laboratories of the institutions that carry out research, training, and development activities
- The graduates are also entitled to further studies – doctoral studies in the area of biomedical sciences