MSc in Leadership and Management in Health
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
2 - 4 years
GBP 5,995 / per year *
Earliest start date
* home full-time: £5,995 | international full-time: £9,230
Why choose this course?
This course is ideal for those wishing to become better managers in healthcare, as well as for those entering health leadership careers. Attendance is for two days a month, complemented by online studies.
You will study the management of people, budgets, information, marketing and quality, and organisational change. You will be able to immediately apply the skills you learn to your workplace. For the MSc, students will receive training in management research methods and will be able to conduct supervised research into a topic of their choice.
Ranked as one of the best health management masters courses in the world, and in the top three in the UK*, the programme offers both academic rigour and the practical skills to apply what you have learned to the workplace. In this course, you will work with the latest research and learn modelling and theories that you can use to analyse and improve your organisation straight away.
Reasons to choose Kingston University
- This course has been ranked number 3 in the UK, and in the top 100 globally by the Eduniversal masters ranking 2021.
- Study with staff who all have experience within the healthcare sector, on a course that applies to public, private and voluntary sectors in the UK and internationally.
- Students are from a wide range of clinical and administrative backgrounds which makes for valuable sharing of different perspectives.
- Free car parking at the Kingston Hill campus is available for students of this course. The campus can also be easily accessed by public transport. Halls accommodation is just a walk away from the classrooms.
What you will study
You will start with an induction programme that introduces you to the modules, and aims of the course and helps you plan your study around your professional commitments. You will then move on to the course material for your chosen qualification:
You will complete 180 credits across a minimum of 2 years, comprising seven core modules.
- Leading People and Organisational Change in Health
- Strategic Health Management and Governance in Context
- Managing Health Services for Quality
- Aspects of Financial Resource Management in Health
- Managing Information in Health
- Health Services Marketing
- Research Methods and Dissertation
Optional modules only run if there is enough demand. If we have an insufficient number of students interested in an optional module, that module will not be offered for this course.
What this course offers
This Leadership and Management in Health course aims to:
- Help you develop leadership competencies and skills in the healthcare sector.
- Equip you with the knowledge and skills required to either enter the professional practice of health management or continue to a higher level professionally.
- Give you access to a wealth of information in lectures, journals, e-learning forums, seminars, the library, online lectures and discussion groups.
- Provide a critical understanding of the body of academic knowledge relevant to leadership and management and its application in practice.
- Expand your professional knowledge by facilitating discussions with other practising professionals from different organisations and sectors.
- Gives you an opportunity to research a specific area of healthcare management with practical application to your current workplace by means of a masters-level dissertation.