Bachelor of Science in Allied Health: Pre-Athletic Training/Chiropractic Graceland University
This track is designed to prepare students for athletic training and chiropractic graduate schools. Upon graduation, students will have an in-depth understanding of biomechanics, functional anatomy, nutrition, and movement science. Chiropractors care for patients with health problems in the neuromusculoskeletal system, and athletic trainers offer injury prevention and rehabilitation, wellness promotion, and emergent care services.
Pre-Athletic Training/Chiropractic is one of three tracks available under the Allied Health major. In order to complete this program, you must complete both the core requirements for the Allied Health major and the Strength and Conditioning track requirements.
Core Requirements (advanced tracks require additional coursework as indicated below):
- ATHT2500 Medical Terminology – 2
- ATHT3100 Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries – 4
- HLTH1100 First Aid – 1
- HLTH2560 Nutrition – 3
- HMSC3200 Foundations of Evidence-Based Practice – 3
- MATH1370 Statistics for Sciences* – 3
- PHED1500 Introduction to Kinesiology – 3
- PHED1600 Corrective Exercise – 3
- PHED2120 Motor Learning – 3
- PHED2260 Introduction to Performance Training – 3
- PHED3340 Biomechanics – 3
- PHED4360 Physiology of Exercise – 3
- PHED4725 Practicum of Clinical Assessment or PHED4726 Practicum of Human Performance – 3
- PHED4750 Allied Health Capstone – 3
- PSYC1300 Introductory Psychology* – 3
Allied Health: Pre-AT/DC Track
The Allied Health track in Pre-AT/DC is designed for students who wish to pursue careers in Athletic Training or Chiropractic. Students will gain the scientific background necessary to be quality practitioners.
Additional required courses for Allied Health Concentration in Pre-AT/DC
- BIOL1520 Biology II with Lab – 4
- BIOL3420 Human Anatomy with Lab – 4
- BIOL3440 Human Physiology with Lab – 4
- CHEM1410 General Chemistry I Workshop* – 4
- PHYS1410 Elements of Physics I with Lab – 4
- PSYC2250 Developmental Psychology – 3
A Pre-Athletic Training/Chiropractic major can help to prepare you for a career as a:
- Personal/Athletic Trainer
- Sports Coach
- Physician Assistant
- and many other exciting fields.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.