Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science
USD 19,070 / per semester
Earliest start date
Inspire Solutions in Disease Treatment and Prevention with a Medical Laboratory Science Degree from Gannon University
Medical laboratory science may be the perfect career choice to leverage your passion for science and scientific research. These laboratory professionals provide invaluable services to patient care by performing an array of laboratory tests, confirming the accuracy of test results, and reporting the test results to pathologists and other health care providers. Gannon’s medical laboratory science program will take you behind the scenes in disease treatment through scientific and medical laboratory education.
- Accelerate your education with a 3+1 curriculum that includes a year-long clinical rotation
- Build a foundation to pursue advanced graduate studies
- Students have a 100% pass rate on the national certification test by the American Society for Clinical Pathology.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key medical laboratory science courses including:
- Clinical Chemistry: Understand the chemistry of organic compounds and consider how the physiology, metabolism, and methodologies of these compounds relate to health and pathologic states.
- Immunohematology and Blood Banking: Study the principles of red blood cell antigens and their reactivity to antibodies.
- Immunology and Serology: Examine serologic reactions via agglutination, flocculation, precipitation, and complement fixation to diagnose bacterial, parasitic, rickettsial, and viral diseases.
Learn to Lead the Way in Medical Laboratory Science
- Learn how to collect blood samples and perform a wide variety of laboratory testing on body fluids and tissues.
- Understand test results and report laboratory findings to a pathologist and appropriate physicians.
- Gain practical skills with complex, high throughput, and automated laboratory instruments to analyze patient samples for clinical diagnosis
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate the theoretical knowledge required to attain entry-level positions in the field of med lab science
- Students will be able to think critically and solve problems linked to laboratory science
- Students will employ written/oral communication skills to convey information effectively
- Students will demonstrate the ability to use computers to process and report technical information
- Students will be able to operate as ethical and responsible members of a healthcare team
Achieve Your Possibilities
Gannon’s medical laboratory science program provides an array of opportunities where you can:
- Develop foundations in the sciences through Gannon’s three-year curriculum and enter a year-long clinical rotation with an accredited hospital-based program. Affiliates include:
- Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center School of Medical Laboratory Science
- AHN Saint Vincent Hospital School of Medical Laboratory Science
- UPMC Chautauqua Medical Laboratory Science Program
- Obtain the knowledge and skills to begin a career as a vital healthcare team member.
- Earn a median annual wage of $55,990, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.