Master’s Degree in Child Health Nursing
Instituto Politécnico de Viseu – Escola Superior de Saúde (ESSV)
EUR 1,600 / per year
Earliest start date
The Masters Course in Pediatrics and Child Health Nursing aims:
- Ensure the acquisition of skills that enable them to practice nursing specializing in child health and pediatrics;
- Facilitate personal and professional development of students to enable them to lifelong self-directed way of life and / or autonomous;
- Enable the nurse to integrate multidisciplinary teams on helping to promote the highest level of health of the infant-juvenile population and family;
- To enable the development of research in pediatrics and child health, contributing to the creation of scientific evidence in nursing.
- Still want the school, in addition to promoting the development of good practice in the workplace, preparing nurses who can act in society, who are capable of intervening and coping with the social and professional changes in the future and contribute to the advancement the profession in order to meet the needs of the child, family and community.
Learning outcomes proposed to take the course as a prerequisite the possession of a degree in nursing and professional experience as a nurse for at least two years.
Therefore, and considering that students already have the skills set to the first level of nursing education, it is intended that the increase and enhance the area of expertise of Child Health and Pediatrics for the specialist nurse stands as a key element in the design , management and clinical supervision of care particularly complex.
With the objectives of this Master, directed to the areas of specialization in child health nursing and pediatrics, we want the students throughout the course to develop the following skills:
- Demonstrate scientific, technical, human and ethical are necessary to provide nursing care to the child, youth and family, in particularly complex situations;
- Demonstrate ability to manage the nursing care to the child / young person and family in maximizing your health, adjusting the treatment regimen and supporting parenting;
- Demonstrate capacity to implement solutions with high adaptation to the needs of the child / young person and family in the life cycle, incorporating health gains indicators, particularly in the context of research.