Bachelor in Veterinary Nursing Egas Moniz School of Health & Science
The strong component of Tutorial Guidance throughout the academic path and the close communication between the student and the tutors will provide an academic environment in which the student is co-responsible for their learning.
- Animal Organism I
- Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Cytology and Histology
- Fundamentals of Veterinary Nursing
- Animal Organism II
- AnimalNutrition and Feeding
- Animal Behaviour Ethics and welfare
- Animal Hygiene and Grooming.
- Genetics and Animal Production
- Scientific Thought in Veterinary Nursing
- Veterinary Clinical Nursing I: clinical rotation
- Fundamentals of AnimaPathology
- Infectious Diseases and Immunity
- Pharmacology in Veterinary Nursing
- Imaging in Veterinary Nursing
- Semiology in Veterinary Nursing
- Anaesthesiology in Nursing
- Veterinary Clinical Nursing II: clinical rotation
- Laboratory Work for Veterinary Nurses.
- Veterinary Surgical Nursing.
- Veterinary Medical Nursing.
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation in Veterinary Nursing
- Urgency and Intensive Care in Veterinary Nursing
- Public Health in Veterinary Nursing
- Management and Accounting in Veterinary Nursing
- Veterinary Clinical Nursing III: clinical rotation
- Applied Nursing in Companion Animals
- Applied Nursing in Equines
- Applied Nursing in Exotics
- Applied Nursing in Farm Animals
- Mindfulness in Veterinary Nursing
- Marketing and Information Technologies
- Veterinary Clinical Nursing IV: clinical rotation
- Work with different animal species, in a Veterinary Medical Service Center, in Animal Production and in Veterinary Public Health;
- maintain a constructive relationship with the animal and its owner;
- Promote Animal Welfare;
- Perform analyses and laboratory tests;
- Use auxiliary diagnostic equipment;
- Provide anesthetic and surgical support;
- Perform administration of medication as prescribed;
- Provide clinical and prophylactic care to animals;
- Provide services in Veterinary Public Health in pets and livestock species;
- Assist in the area of health inspection, classification of meat and carcasses and technology for processing animal products;
- Identify and critically develop research opportunities;
- Apply new information technologies, legislation, taxation and accounting, relevant to their activity.