Certificate in Nurse Leadership
Dignity Health Global Education in collaboration with Duke Corporate Education
Earliest start date
The program is offered only online
The Nurse Leadership program, developed in partnership with Duke Corporate Education (Duke CE, part of Duke University), equips nurse leaders to make an impact on their organization.
This course teaches and empowers nurses to evaluate themselves, lead others, and make dynamic and thoughtful decisions based on an acquired skill set developed by world-leading instructors. Through the program, nurse leaders build their confidence, knowledge, and practical skills as they guide their teams, departments, and organizations into the future.
Zach Vessels / Unsplash
Further Your Nursing Career
- 4-6 hours of study effort per week for 16 weeks
- 100% of our pilot group said they would recommend this program to other nurse leaders
- 64 CEs allowing nurses to meet their ongoing Continuing Education (CE) requirements
This program focuses on all leadership functions and is split into four pillars:
- Leading Self
For nurse leaders, the task is now to not only keep pace as an individual but to guide and bring others along as well. It may seem counter-intuitive but the best place to begin being more effective in leading others is to start with self-awareness and insight.
- Leading Others
Acquire nurse leadership skills that elevate the performance of others, including forming and engaging teams by setting clear goals and priorities, establishing a foundation of trust, and creating psychological safety.
- Leading Organization
Nurse leadership requires a deeper understanding of how healthcare organizations function in areas ranging from strategic and financial management to organizational structure and regulatory compliance.
- Leading Change
Nurse leaders are facing an evolving healthcare environment. It is now necessary to understand and lead through these disruptions in order to ignite, invite, and inspire change in individuals, teams, and organizations.
Key Program Features
- Duke CE has been ranking in the top 3 globally for Custom Executive Education Rankings by the Financial Times for the past 19 years
- Co-created by academics from a top ten U.S. university
- Co-created by CNOs from the largest U.S. not-for-profit healthcare system
- Price: $1995
- Duke CE Certificate
- 64 contact hours allowing nurses to meet their ongoing Continuing Education (CE) requirements
Exceptional Learning Experience
- Thought leadership pieces from senior staff including CNOs, CFOs
- Online, flexible study from any device at any time
- Engaging learning environment: video-based content, real case studies, projects, discussions, and job aids
- 16 weeks, 4-6 hours per week
- Various start dates: January, March, July, October
- Modularized, bite-size learning chunks to allow you to manage your workload
About the Partnership: DHGE and Duke
CEDHGE and Duke Corporate Education are working together to develop flexible, focused, and industry-relevant programs to equip leaders to make an impact on their organization.