Certificate in Healthcare Leadership
Dignity Health Global Education in collaboration with Duke Corporate Education
Earliest start date
The program is offered only online
The Certificate in Healthcare Leadership, developed in partnership with Duke Corporate Education (Duke CE, part of Duke University), empowers leaders with the mindset, skills, and confidence to lead in a manner that is authentic to who they are.
Designed for healthcare professionals seeking to lead in an effective way, this program teaches leaders to evaluate themselves, improve communication, build relationships, and motivate others. Using a framework developed in collaboration with industry experts and world-leading instructors, students will learn to identify techniques and leverage opportunities to increase influence across a matrixed organization. Through this online certificate, learners will build their leadership style and confidence to elevate performance and maximize impact.
CDC / Unsplash
Leadership for What’s Next
- #1 ranking among Custom Executive Education Providers in North America in the Financial Times (Duke CE)
- 300,000+ leaders engaged in different Duke CE programs in over 80 countries
- 14+ industry leaders from a range of healthcare backgrounds are involved in the development of this certificate program
The Certificate in Healthcare Leadership focuses on all leadership functions. It is split into the following three pillars.
Module 1: Leading Self
- Unit 1: Becoming an Authentic Leader
- Unit 2: Increasing Energy, Effectiveness, and Impact
- Unit 3: Improving Communications and Building Relationships
Module 2: Leading Others
- Unit 4: Motivating and Coaching Others
- Unit 5: Aligning People and Work
- Unit 6: Addressing Performance Issues
- Unit 7: Elevating Team Effectiveness
Module 3: Leading Organizations
- Unit 8: Implementing Strategic Plans
- Unit 9: Managing the Finances
- Unit 10: When Change Happens
- Unit 11: Positioning for the Future: Communication and Influence
- Unit 12: Reflecting and Planning for Continuous Improvement
- Increase self-awareness of personal preferences and styles and how to align with messages, habits, and behaviors that project an authentic and effective leadership identity.
- Learn the value of strong relationships and networks and how to build them through communication and collaboration that increase trust and understanding.
- Support and enhance the performance of others by defining clear goals and priorities, and employing key leadership levers such as motivation, coaching, delegation, and feedback.
- Align with the overall operations of the organization by understanding, translating, and implementing strategic and financial plans at the team level and identifying ways to positively contribute to business performance.
- Develop leadership techniques to increase their level of influence and guide both the process of change and people transitions as healthcare continues to evolve.
Who should study this program?
The Healthcare Leadership certificate is designed for:
- Aspiring or entry-level leaders working across diverse healthcare disciplines such as pharmacy, radiology, occupational therapy, etc.
- Experienced managers or directors who want to elevate their existing skills and learn more about emerging leadership trends
About the Partnership: DHGE and Duke CE
DHGE and Duke Corporate Education are working together to develop flexible, focused, and industry-relevant programs to equip leaders to make an impact on their organization.