Central Service Sterile Processing Technician Diploma American National University
The First Step to an Exciting Health Care Career
The Central Service Sterile Processing Technician diploma program is your on-ramp to one of the most exciting career fields in health care. Not only are Central Service/Sterile Processing Technicians an integral part of the healthcare field, this diploma is a required component of the Surgical Technology and Central Sterile Processing associate’s degree program and Surgical First Assistant certificate program. The Central Service Sterile Processing Technician Diploma Program is your first step toward a career in the operating room (OR).
Course areas include:
- Microbiology (lab course)
- Central Service Technician/Sterile Processing I & II
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II (lab courses)
- Central Service Technician/Sterile Processing Clinical
- Introduction to Perioperative Surgical Services
Graduates of the Central Service Sterile Processing Technician diploma program will be qualified to sit for the Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) examination administered by the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM).
The Central Service Sterile Processing Technician diploma program has additional admissions requirements. See the current university catalog for more details.
- Minimum competency in English and Math
- Clear Criminal Background check
- Clear comprehensive drug screen
- Negative 2 step PPD (or negative CXR), physical exam, Influenza vaccine or declination form, immunizations and proof of immunity for Hepatitis B, MMR, and Varicella (other immunizations as required by clinical and field internship sites such as TDaP).
Why American National University?
- eUniversity Convenience and flexibility – With a combination of day and evening classes, video conferencing, and online classes,¹ you have the flexibility to earn your degree on your own schedule – many of our students work and have families.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹ While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times, in all formats, or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books, and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.