The purpose of this master's degree is the acquisition by the student of an advanced training in mathematics mainly oriented towards initiation in research tasks, while ensuring that the contents of a significant part of their subjects are useful for those graduates who want to channel their professional career into the field of education, business or banking.
The master is the formative period of the Doctorate in Mathematics of the Universidad de Murcia . For this, five specialties have been offered (Algebra, Analysis, Geometry, Operational Research and Probability and Statistics), which will guarantee the graduate an optimal preparation in the area where he wants to work in the future, although students are given the possibility of designing "à la carte" your own profile as there are no restrictions on the choice of electives.
Students are offered the opportunity to combine the MMA with the Master's in Teacher Training (Mathematics specialty), so that both degrees can be obtained after completing 36 credits from the first and 52 from the second.
Students who justifiably cannot attend all classes of a subject may take it in blended mode. In this case, the only compulsory attendance will be in the evaluation activities that are designated by the teachers in the subject guide. The teachers will provide the student with the material they consider pertinent to prepare the subject (notes, problem sheets, list of bibliography, indications, etc.)
Tuition aids are offered, the amount of which varies from course to course according to the resources available to the program.
|Teaching center:||Faculty of Mathematics|
|Type of teaching:||Classroom / Blended|
|Title:||University Master's Degree in Advanced Mathematics|
|Scholarships, grants and mobility:||National / International|
|Price per credit:||
The Master in Advanced Mathematics (MMA) allows completing the academic training of graduates in Mathematics or Statistics, for their access to research jobs or doctoral programs in mathematics with a view to accessing a university teaching and research career and in other centers . The teaching staff is made up of internationally renowned researchers in the five specialties of the program. The national and international relations of our teaching staff with other researchers allow the students of our master and our doctorate the access to positions of visiting professors (stays) and work in universities and research centers. sabinevanerp / Pixabay
- Possess and understand knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and / or application of ideas, often in a research context
- That the students know how to apply the acquired knowledge and their problem-solving capacity in new or little-known environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their area of study
- That students are able to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of formulating judgments from information that, being incomplete or limited, includes reflections on the social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- That students know how to communicate their conclusions and the latest knowledge and reasons that support them to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way.
- That students have the learning skills that allow them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- Being able to apply mathematical techniques in various professional activities.
- Being able to apply mathematical techniques in the development of R + D + i projects.
- Being able to apply mathematical research techniques in various fields, both fundamental and applied mathematics.
- Being able to apply the knowledge acquired to solve problems in new or little-known environments both in mathematics and in more general or multidisciplinary contexts that are related to their specialty. (Meces / BOE (a)).
- Being able to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of formulating judgments and conjectures from incomplete or limited information in the application of mathematical techniques and knowledge. (Meces / BOE (b)).
- Know how to communicate conclusions and the latest knowledge and reasons that support them to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way. (Meces / BOE (c))
- Possess learning skills that allow them to continue future studies in a self-directed or autonomous way. (Meces / BOE (d))
- Being able to work in groups and in multidisciplinary teams.
- Possess theoretical and practical knowledge of a mathematics knowledge area to be able to access doctoral studies and complete a doctoral thesis.
- Be able to critically read specialized or research papers and incorporate the results into your work.
- Being able to abstract and analyze information on various procedures, and to carry out logical reasoning and identify errors.
- Being able to transfer mathematical results to other disciplines and activities.
- Being able to mathematically model real or theoretical problems.
- Know resolution techniques and be able to devise resolution procedures for the mathematical models under study.
- Manage computer tools that help solve the problems under study.
In addition to satisfying the Access Requirements, to be admitted to the Master in Advanced Mathematics it will be required to prove sufficient mathematical knowledge to be able to take the master with success, which will be decided by the Academic Commission of the Master (CAM) evaluating the following aspects: adaptation to the entry profile of the applicant's academic curriculum; merits of special relevance or significance in relation to the Master; other criteria that, in the opinion of the Academic Commission of the Master, allow verifying the suitability of the applicant to pursue the studies he is requesting; such as:
- Academic Curriculum.
- Result of an interview of the candidate with the CAM.
- Reports of professors of the master designated by the CAM as possible tutors.
- Adequacy of all the information above to the specialty of the study program that the student wishes to study.
- Other merits of special relevance.
In the event of a greater number of applications than of places offered, the selection of those admitted will take place based on their academic record (70%), their Curriculum Vitae adjusted to their own income profile (20%) and the result of the Previous interview carried out by the Academic Committee of the Master and the reports of professors of the master (10%).
Qualified mathematician for incorporation into a doctoral program capable of posing and solving research problems in mathematics and statistics.
Graduates will be trained to carry out research, development and innovation activities and will be able to tackle the resolution of complex problems that require advanced knowledge of mathematics and statistics.
- Predoctoral contracts.
- Incorporation to research teams in mathematics and statistics.
- University academic career in the areas of mathematics and statistics.
About the School
Una institución docente de enseñanza superior que cuenta con unas infraestructuras para la docencia y la investigación de excelencia internacional. Una universidad innovadora, dinámica, responsable y ... Read More