The area of manual therapies is increasingly demanding professionals with a great variety of techniques in the manual therapies themselves, either to apply the combination of techniques best suited to the demands of the user or to have a wide range of techniques Therapeutic offer and to have more facility to obtain users in the centers of attention of manual therapies.
This leads us to train the health professional in the human, scientific and technical knowledge with the capacity to apply and evaluate their intervention in a person and, when applicable, when it is competent, using methods and / or techniques that use as Basic tool and direct the hands of the professional, with preventive, curative, palliative, regenerative or balancing purpose. The manual techniques comprise a series of methods that as a rule consist of the manipulation of the soft tissues of different areas of the body with the aim of improving health, obtaining relaxation and / or releasing physical tension.
Module 1. Chiromassage 15 ECTS
It is a manual technique. Its action is to provide health and well-being, improving, basically the blood circulation, and the recovery of the locomotor apparatus working on the soft tissues. In all those tissues that are overloaded or injured, relieving or reducing pain and normalizing joint mobility.
- Review of the history of masseur practices since its inception
- Study of the evolution of different techniques
- The massage today.
- Anamnesis, exploration
- Hand gymnastics, Development of perception and sensitivity, Psychomotor training
- And domain of the position
- Practice of contact, intensity and directional sense
- Room layout, The masseuse, User installation, Materials
- Physiological actions and effects of massage, Contraindications of massage
- Effects of manipulations: Neurosedants or Roces, Frictions, Knees, Pressures, Percussions, Vibrations, Pinching, Bearings, Tweezers or Pinch of Surf, Vasoconstrictions, Vaciaje or Renewal venous, Kinesis,
- Practices of manipulations on: Feet, legs, Buttocks, Back, Correlation between vertebrae and emotional causes, cervical, Arms, Abdomen, Skull
- Massage in the elderly, Massage in the pregnant, Anti-cellulite massage, Relaxing massage, anti-stress or for headache, Circulatory massage, Sports massage, Technique Feje, Trigger points, Contractures, Stretch marks, Cramps, Tear, Elongation, Cervicalgia, Torticollis, Lumbociatalgias, Herniated Disc, Scoliosis, Dorsalgia, Osteoporosis, Chronic Sprains, Fibromyalgia, Basic Stretching: Stretching Physiology, Types of Stretching, Indications, Contraindications, Basic Stretching
- Initiation to hydrotherapy techniques: Application of cold and heat, Steam bath, Sauna, Whirlpools, Mud or clays
Module 2. Health Sciences 17 ECTS
The student is introduced into anatomical terminology suitable for the study of anatomical body systems and devices, giving the student profound knowledge about the structure and functioning of the musculoskeletal system (locomotor system).
It will also equip students with anatomical-physiological knowledge of the different organs and systems and their interrelationships. And he is trained to recognize pathologies that he can treat from his competence and to derive those pathological processes that do not concern them.
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology: Definitions, Chemical Composition of the Human Body, Cell and Histology
- Skin and Joint System: Skin Structure and Appendices, Functions and Pathology
- Overview of the Skeletal System: Functions and Bones, The Skeleton and Joints,
- Muscle System Overview: Muscle Tissue and Skeletal Muscle, Shrinkage and Movements
- The trunk: Spine, Thorax, Abdomen and Back
- Upper limbs: Scapular Girdle, Elbow, Carpal and Hand
- Lower extremities: Pelvis, Hip, Knee, Ankle and Foot
- Head and neck: Bones skull and face, Muscles of the skull, Muscles of the face and Musculature of the neck
- Cardiovascular System: The Heart, Blood Vessels, Circulation and Clinical Measurements
- Respiratory system: Anatomy of highways and pulmonary ventilation
- Nervous system: Components, Central nervous system, Nervous system Peripheral, Autonomic nervous system, Nervous impulse and Senses
- Digestive, Anatomy, Digestion and Nutrition
- Urinary system, anatomy, physiology and body fluids
- Defense Systems: Blood, Lymphatic System and Immune System
- Endocrine System, General and Components
- Reproductive system
Module 3. Lymphatic drainage 12 ECTS
Very soft manipulations aimed at mobilizing the stagnant liquids in the tissues. Its applications are on edematous tissues, inflammations derived from trauma, surgery. In aesthetic treatments and cellulite. It acts on the nervous system providing general relaxation.
- Theoretical and health sciences module.
- Blood circulatory system
- Lymphatic system
- Interstitial system
- Formation of lymph
<li> Specific technological module.<ul><li>Generalities. Effects of manual lymphatic drainage</li>
<li> Hand Lymphatic Drainage Manipulations</li>
<li> Lymphatic anatomical areas and manual lymphatic drainage</li>
<li> Preparation for treatment</li>
<li> Protocols of application in the processes susceptible to deal with manual lymphatic drainage</li>
<li> Module of practices.<ul><li>Hand Lymphatic Drainage Manipulations</li>
<li> Working protocols according to lymphatic zones or areas</li>
<li> Practice of indications for manual lymphatic drainage</li>
</ul><p><strong>Module 4. Reflexoterapia podal 7 ECTS</strong></p>
Provide the necessary knowledge to be able to guarantee the realization of the foot reflexology technique. Familiarize the student with the principles defined by W. Fitzgerald.
Differentiate a physical problem of the foot of a reflexological sign. Be able to perform therapy. Interpret the signs and symptoms of reflex areas of the foot. To perceive the mental needs necessary to create a good atmosphere of empathy between user and therapist.
- Foot reflexology:
- History of Reflexology
- Different trends.
- Concept of Holistic Medicine
<li> Anatomy of the foot:<ul><li>Anatomy and pathophysiology of the foot.</li>
<li> Foot hygiene.</li>
<li> Reflex points<ul><li>Cartography of the foot, location and treatment.</li>
<li> Interrelation between the right foot and the left foot.</li>
<li> Reflex zones of the feet by groups.</li>
<li> Solar plexus, adrenal, kidney, ureter, bladder. Brain, cerebellum, epiphysis, hypophysis, mandibles, trigeminal, tonsils, nape, nose.</li>
<li> Thoracic duct, center of balance.</li>
<li> View, heard.</li>
<li> Thyroid, parathyroid.</li>
<li> Stomach, pancreas, liver-bile ducts, duodenum. Small intestine.</li>
<li> Urethra, prostate / uterus, testis / ovary.</li>
<li> Lymph nodes.</li>
<li> Venous circulation.</li>
<li> Mammary glands, bronchi, lungs.</li>
<li> Coccyx, sacrum, lumbar, dorsal, cervical.</li>
<li> Knee, elbow, scapulo-humeral patella.</li>
<li> Trapezius, bronchi, lung.</li>
<li> Reflex-spleen-heart zones.</li>
<li> Practices<ul><li>Conditions prior to massage</li>
<li> Techniques and maneuvers</li>
<li> Reflexology Technique Effects</li>
<li> Different disorders and their treatment</li>
<li> Reflexology of the hand</li>
</ul><p><strong>Module 5. Anti-cellulite massage 1 ECTS</strong></p>
- History of suction cups.
- Indications and uses.
- Massage actions with suction cups.
- Application techniques.
- Anti-cellulite massage on lower extremities, (prone and supine), abdomen and buttocks.
Module 6. Clinical Practices 6 ECTS
We apply the theoretical and practical knowledge acquired in each manual subject, guided at all times by the teacher. The student begins the professional contact with the clients and develops the necessary skills for the future practice of his profession.
Module 7. Energy protection techniques for the manual therapist 1 ECTS
Different protection techniques:
- Energetic health - emotional - mental:
- Visualizations, Reiki, Balancing Chakras, Mudras de protección.Piedras y minerales, Applications of Bach Flowers
<li> Physical Health:<ul><li>Automatization, Stretching and Hygiene Habits</li>
After finishing the studies, students can choose to set up a center for manual therapy, work in manual and / or natural therapy centers, polyclinics with health professionals, wellness centers, rehabilitation centers, spas, gyms, spas, In tour operators as is the case of cruises, hotels, among others.
After completing the master's degree (480 hours in person + 1,020 hours of personal work) and having passed the evaluation tests, two diplomas will be processed issued by:
- UCAM - Catholic University of Murcia "Own Master in Manual Therapies" (60 ECTS credits)
- ISMET of "Master in Manual Therapies" (own and private title).
Access to studies
You must meet at least one of the two:
- Official university degree (Diploma, degree, degree) in any area of knowledge or
- Work experience of at least 5 years in the area of study (admission by professional experience will be evaluated by a committee between ISMET and UCAM, to validate the same to enroll in this program).
Students of ISMET have a tutor, who can attend in case of changes in schedules, difficulty in tracking subjects, personalized advice, professional development, among others.
Promotions and special prices in other courses. Computer room with internet connection. Service sale material. Special promotions at the ISMET Therapy Center. Academic counseling by the study tutor. Practical therapies for students. ISMETalumni, alumni association. Job exchange. Advice in the exercise of the profession in the fiscal, labor, accounting, marketing, communication, LOPD, CPR insurance, others.
Weekly in morning, afternoon or Saturday. Intensive in mornings and afternoons. Possibility of combining several modalities.