Medical and Health Services Management
Take Your Career to the Next Level
The Medical and Health Services Management bachelor's degree provides health care practitioners, holding an associate's degree in an allied health field, with the skills and competencies needed to function as managers and supervisors in healthcare settings.
Learn from industry-experienced faculty who have firsthand understanding of the strategies, tactics, and every-day demands of their field.
The program core provides a foundation in management and human resources, as well as specifics on healthcare law and bioethics, quality improvement, project management, economics, evidence-based practice and research, policy, and leadership. Specializations allow customization of the program to your chosen career path, with each specialization offering electives in teaching and adult learning:
- Medical Assisting: focusing on management of a medical practice, including accounting and billing procedures, and informatics.
- Surgical First Assistant: includes a capstone project focusing on current topics in surgical assisting, coding and reimbursement practices, and informatics.
- Surgical Technology: including organizational behavior, public health statistics, and informatics.
- Health Information Management: focusing on advanced healthcare informatics, information governance, revenue management and compliance, and healthcare data analytics.
- General Healthcare: select from courses in management, accounting and billing, inter-professional healthcare collaboration, principals of marketing, research and report writing, and informatics.
Prepare to Become a Leader in the Medical Field
eLearning Through ANU
Cost & Disclosure Information:
About the School
In 1886, a group of visionary educators and business leaders saw the need for a higher education institution focused on career-based training to meet workforce needs in the southeastern United States. ... Read More